SINTESIS is among the most avant-garde musical ensembles and one of the icons of Cuban contemporary music. For their richness, variety and conceptual structure, SINTESIS is one of the emblematic formation of Cuban comtemporary music and they find themselves among the most reconized and popular musicians of the island. The band in its artistic journey, has defined a particular seal blending the African roots impregnated in the insular sound with currents of jazz and rock, creating a unique style which has called the critic’s and the public’s attention. SÍNTESIS is one of the iconic formations of fusion music in Cuba. and the trajectory of the group is endorsed by repeated successes inside and outside Cuba. His albums ANCESTORS I, II and III are part of the classics of Cuban fusion which the authors endowed with an originality based on -for the first time fusion of Afro-Cuban ritual music with contemporary music.
SINTESIS with more than 60 international tours as a musical ensemble, has been transmitting the tradition of the Yoruba Afro-descendants by the fusion of Yoruba chants and rhythms of western sonorities through Latin America, North America, Mediterranean and Central Europe Internacional Jazz Festival Plaza de La Habana / Jazz Nice Festival / Jazz a Vienne / Montreux Jazz Festival / North Sea Jazz Festival / Pori Jazz Festival / Bahia, Internacional Festival Brasil / Pirineos Sur Festival Spain /Pop Komm, Colonia / Cervantino Festival, México / African Market Place, Los Angeles.CA / Rock in Rio 3,Brasil Ritmo y Color, Harbourt Front Center, Toronto / Nuits D´Afrique, Montreal / Planeta Mestizo Parla, España / Afrocaribeño Festival, Veracruz. México / Daegu Jazz Festival Corea del Sur/ Gottenburg Internacional Festival / Millenium Stage at Kennedy Center / Harvard University Boston, Massachussets.
SINTESIS shared stage with ; Ray Barreto, Wynton Marsalis, Maceo Parker, Jimmy Earl, Chucho Valdés,Tris Imboden, Khaled, Fito Páez, Juan Carlos Baglietto, Mauro Paganni ,Rick Wakeman, Montell Jordan, Mishell Ngeocello, Ray Lema,Maldita Vecindad , Los Van Van , Blondie, among others.-
Awards and Recognition
- 1987 Award EGREM Best Album Rock Fusion
- 1989 EGREM Sincopa de Oro, Best Album National
- 1990 Premio Coral as Best Soundtrack for a Latin American Film for feature film, Maria Antonia, at Latin American New Film of International Latinoamerican HavanaFestival.
- 1997 CUBADISCO National prizes Mejor Album Rock Fusion
- 2001 CUBADISCO National prizes. Best Compilation.
- 2002 Grammy Nominees as Best Contemporary Tropical Album for Habana a Flor de Piel.
- 2005 CUBADISCO National prizes. Best Compilation
- 2011 CUBADISCO Honor Award . 2014 AWARD ARTISTIC MERIT and Recognition by the Music National Museum “For its creative enrichment of the Cuban Musical Patrimony”
The musical work of SINTESIS has allowed the new Cuban generations to recogniz themselves in the musical Afro-Cuban legacy from acontemporary point of view. Síntesis was awarded the ArtisticMerit and recognition by the Music National Museum “For its creative enrichment of the Cuban musical patrimony”